Started on the 11th April 2011 - Blogging from a 20 year old Fashion Student

Friday 2 August 2013

17 Must See "Fashion" Films (Part 2/2)

Part two of my list!
-Read Part one here if you haven't already-

Not strictly about fashion, however, we all need to get inspiration from somewhere, and films are the perfect starting point as they contain so much (fashion, music, imagery, symbolism, writing).



Mainly known for it's comedy and the fact that Phoebe from "Friends" is one of the main characters. I have a thing about 90s fashion, and this is the 90s at it's best (or worst, depending on how you tolerate tackiness). Nevertheless, it's daring! and Lisa Kudrow can pull off anything (referencing back to the days of Friends). 


(I wish there were more stills, 
the costumes are gloriously tacky!)

12. Valley of the Dolls
Sharon Tate stars in a film about show business and taking happy pills, all very dramatic and glamourous...




13. Rosemary's Baby
Just an excuse for Mia Farrow to famously debut her new Vidal Sassoon pixie cut. Kidding, to put it simply, a fashionable couple have a demonic baby.




(I just can't get over the fluffy jumper...)


Catherine Deneuve did it way before (and way better than) Billie Piper.




A funny man's Pulp Fiction (an even funnier than funny man). 



All costumes designed by Jean Paul Gaultier and Milla Jovovich speaking her own language, need I go on. Must. Watch. 

2 comments:

  1. So many films, must see them all! I'm really interested in seeing Beyond Biba, though! Have you seen True Romance? I think Patricia Arquette's wardrobe is fabulous! You should give it a watch if you haven't yet, or just google some stills! Brilliant as always, Elle! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must see Beyond Biba! I think you may have to buy the dvd though? It doesn't seem like something Netflix would have? I don't know!

      No, thank you for reminding me, I need to watch it! I might have to make another "must see fashion films" post!

      thank you my darling! x

      Delete